Local history enthusiasts, Library staff and community organisations including Gidarjil worked with Creative Regions to research specific places and people of North Bundaberg, source photographs, and do oral history interviews with residents to shed light on North Bundaberg’s fascinating past. This information was curated into short, digital stories.
The stories have been attached to the physical places they feature via QR code signage.
Our StoryWalk map shows where each story can be experienced, and guides residents and visitors exploring the streets of North Bundaberg on a local history and storytelling trail.
So, download the map, put on your walking shoes, grab your device and go discover North Bundaberg’s stories.
- Bundaberg Regional Libraries
- Debbie Bolam, North Bundaberg resident
- Lex Rowland and the Hinkler House Memorial Museum & Research Association
- Jennifer Mason, Arts Development Officer, Gidarjil Development Corporation
- Alicia Otto, Town Planner, Bundaberg Regional Council
Images courtesy of ‘Picture Bundaberg’, Bundaberg Regional Libraries.