first project was a partnership with US-based theatre company, Fringe Benefits, renowned for their social justice activism.
Through this project, Creative Regions worked with over 30 people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) communities of the Wide Bay Burnett Region to create a piece of social justice theatre called Game On! Which toured to the Sunshine Coast, Kingaroy, Murgon, Maryborough and Bundaberg.
- Over 30 people involved in the devising process
- International partnership with Fringe Benefits
- Theatre production developed and toured to five locations
- The work led to an article being written for a 2013 publication called Setting the Stage for Social Justice published by Southern Illinois University Press and edited by Norma Bowles and Daniel-Raymond Nadon.
- A Bundaberg News Mail article, two years later, attributes the play as being a catalyst in changing perceptions about the LGBT community http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/gay-play-helped-destroy-barriers/701346/
- The long-term effect of this work was a defining moment for the direction of Creative Regions
- Fringe Benefits Theatre (USA)
- Regional Arts Fund / Artslink Queensland
- Queensland Association for Healthy Communities (QAHC)