Creative Regions developed a new exhibition of regional Indigenous contemporary artists for presentation at the ARTICULATE Regional Arts and Culture Conference in Rockhampton, 2013.
Sandra developed a comprehensive report from that consultation and a number of artists were invited to exhibit.
Through Backing Indigenous Arts, Creative Regions was able to commission new work around the theme of the pride of the Dingo.
- 10 artists/artsworkers were engaged
- 3 volunteers assisted
The 8 participating artists were involved:
- 220 people attended the exhibition (one night only)
- 13 works (over half the exhibition) were sold
- Over $6,000 worth of art sales (100% returned to artists)
- This was the first exhibition to be hung in the Yeppoon Town Hall
- The event was part of the Articulate Regional Arts and Culture Conference (Arts Queensland) 2013 which gave national and international profile to the participating artists
- Arts Queensland
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Creative Regions