Creative Regions is looking at starting a Fibre Arts Group at its home in Perry Street, North Bundaberg. Our region has a long history and large number of people involved in traditional textile arts. We want to take these skills to the next level!
We are calling for all artists interested in this broad art form area to come along to a meeting and share what they would like to get out of a group such as this.
Fibre Arts include but are not limited to:
- weaving in its many forms
- embroidery – traditional through to free machining
- crochet and knitting
- wearable art
- textile-based sculpture and installation
- and so much more
The potential for the group could include:
- collaborative exhibitions
- development of commercially viable products
- workshops with industry leading professionals
- collaborative workspace
- connecting with a national an international range of similar organisations
If you are keen to contribute to this process, please come along to a meeting on:
Wednesday 20th July 6.30-7.30pm
Creative Regions HQ Meeting Room – 67 Perry Street, North Bundaberg
Think about what you would like to get out of this group and put your ideas into the mix! If you can’t join on the day or live too far away but are keen to join the conversation, email Shelley and request to join in via a teleconference link.
RSVP to email@example.com
Image Copyright: http://www.123rf.com/profile_hroephoto’>hroephoto / 123RF Stock Photo